Survivorship is the next big challenge in oncology that requires significant programmatic changes by cancer centers everywhere. The three main objectives are to address a full range of physical and psychosocial needs as patients transition to the post-treatment period, improve communication between oncologists and primary care providers, and comply with the 2012 Program Standards of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Whether you see 50 or 5000 cancer patients a year, your cancer center needs to develop these services. This Survivorship Kit is a complete package of educational, program, and clinical materials designed to help Community Cancer Centers develop quality survivorship services for their patients completing treatment.
Kit highlights include (click on underlined text for more info):
- Brochure that introduces patients who are completing treatment to survivorship as the next phase of care.
- Survivorship video to show to patients who are completing treatment.
- Powerpoint presentations to educate cancer center staff, hospital administration, and community providers about survivorship.
- Needs Assessment to document the problems experienced by patients during treatment.
- Treatment Summary and Care Plan Template.
- Survivorship Class syllabus and Powerpoint.
- Patient handouts on 79 survivorship topics.
- Evaluation plan.
- Program brochure that describes the importance of providing survivorship services to your patients, along with instructions for unpacking the kit.
All materials are provided in an editable format which
allows customization of the program.